Like I mentioned in my previous posts, we are all about DESSERTS! We have dessert time together almost every night of the week. It ranges from ice cream, pies, cakes, cookies etc. Tonight, I decided to make my hubby a lovely treat. I named it the “I Love You” Parfait because when you look it and most certainly when you eat it you feel loved by the who made it for you! Hubby definitely enjoyed this treat tonight. Check out my recipe and pics below!
“I Love you” Parfaits
– 2 apples (peeled, cored, diced)
– 1 orange (peeled, diced)
– Zest of one orange
– 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
– 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
– t teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
– 1/4 cup of white grape juice
– Almonds (roughly chopped)
– 3/4 cup yogurt
– 13 ginger snaps
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 3 tablespoons butter
– 2 goblets
1. Place sauce pan on low heat. Add butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract, nutmeg, cinnamon, orange zest, pumpkin pie spice. Stir till well mixed and the sugars start to caramelize.
2. Add white grape juice and stir.
3. Next, add apples and oranges. Stir well till they are completely coated.
4. Cover pan and turn heat on low. Let it cook down 5-7 minutes till the apples are nice and tender.
5. Turn off heat and let it cool completely before assembling the parfait.
6. Break ginger snaps in half and put three in each goblet.
7. Next, add 2 spoonfuls of the apple mixture on top of the ginger snaps.
8. Add granola, raisins, almonds as desired.
9. Then, add two tablespoons of vanilla yogurt.
10. Repeat steps 7-9 till all ingredients are used up.
11. Garnish the top with raisins, granola, and almonds.
12. Let the goblets chill in the fridge for 2 hours before serving.
Yields: 2 servings